What do voluntary sector organisations working in employment and skills need to know about the latest budget? We sum up the key points below:
- £30bn of cuts in the next year, with £13bn from departmental budgets and £12bn from welfare spending. The Department of Communities and Local Government’s Local Government budget will fall from £13.7bn to £10.5bn.
- Access to Universal Credit to be restricted for EEA migrants who are out of work.
- Seven waiting days will be introduced for Universal Credit from July 2015.
- Parents of disabled children now able to receive a maximum of £4000 (up from £2000) towards their childcare costs.
Health and employment
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to be provided to an additional 40,000 ESA and JSA claimants and individuals supported through Fit for Work.
- Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) therapists to be co-located in over 350 JCPs to provide better…
View original post 242 more words