Rob’s Blog: JOB ADVERT: Do you have what it takes, to be my next Apprentice?
JOB ADVERT: Do you have what it takes, to be my next Apprentice?
When I was first elected as MP, I hired a genuine Harlow apprentice to work with me in Parliament.
My first apprentice Andy Huckle and my second Louis Luck have both gone on successfully to University. Now, as we approach the summer, I am searching for my third apprentice. Could it be YOU?
Here are the facts:
PAY: Minimum wage, plus help with travel expenses.
HOURS: Normal office hours, Monday to Wednesday, and Friday. Thursdays are spent studying in Harlow College. Occasional weekend work may be required.
LENGTH OF POST: The job starts in September 2012 and will last around a year, depending on your availability.
1. Undertake research & prepare briefings.
2. Draft correspondence & letters to Government Ministers.
3. Help draft Parliamentary questions relating to important issues in the Harlow Constituency.
4. Attend internal & external meetings to gather information and progress actions and to accompany me on visits.
5. Assist in maintaining and updating websites.
6. Assisting with campaigns, consultations and events.
7. Participate in special projects, initiatives and events to promote the Harlow Constituency.
8. Light administrative duties, such as filing and keeping the office tidy.
9. To assist other office staff in their responsibilities.
10. To Undertake any other duties commensurate with the post.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Good written English is essential. Also a strong interest in current affairs.
ABOUT YOU: You will be able to work independently and manage your time and workload under pressure. You will be competent at juggling numerous projects, prioritising tasks accordingly, and also able to travel between London and Harlow during the week.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply, please email Tracy Andrews at Harlow College (tandrews) expressing interest, with a brief CV.
by Robert Halfon MP – Working Hard for Harlow.
📱: 07540 704920